Abandon all hope ye who enter here

As I begin nearing middle age, I thought it was time to begin collecting my stories into one place. This will be helpful for a number of reasons. One of which is that I can save time by referring friends and family here time and time again as opposed to just telling them the same story several times over. Another helpful purpose of this blog will be to collect the stories before Alzheim... wait, what was I saying?

If you enjoy these bits of my Justinography, great. If you have your own stories or pictures involving me that you would like to contribute, and if the statute of limitations has expired, you are welcome to share them here, too.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Sister's Shampoo

My sister, Becky, is two years older than me. We are great friends now, but as kids, we did not get along. She was bigger and stronger than me for many years and found a lot of opportunities to point that out to me. In short, she was a bully.

As with any bullier/bullied relationship, I , as the bullied, was always trying to find ways to get back at the bully, in this case my sister, in ways that would bring me immense satisfaction while yet at the same time, not give the bully cause to demonstrate their graceful art. The trick was for me to get back at her without her really even knowing about it.

One way I found that was immensely satisfying involved my sister's shampoo. She must have been about twelve years old and I was ten. As an almost teenager, she had convinced my parents into buying her a fancy, brand name shampoo, just for her, while the rest of us made do with the family-sized bottle of V05.

Now, I could tell the rest of this story in a long-drawn out way, but the bottom line is, I peed in her shampoo bottle. Not so much that it would have been an obvious change in the viscosity of her shampoo, but enough to make me smile every time she came out of the bathroom with a swami towel wrapped around her head.

I know, I know, this is some pretty antisocial behavior. Maybe it is even more antisocial that now, nearly thirty years later, I still think it is funny. But I think there is a lesson here that we can all learn from. We should all remember to be nice to others, because you never know who might want to pee in your shampoo bottle.

2 comments:

  1. You are correct. It is still funny. You are also right that Becky may still come around and beat you a little for publishing.
    I recall singing a little nursery rhyme in front of your house as she peered out at us... remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also and excellent story, Tim. Thanks for the reminder. I will be sure to tell that one next.

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment or contribute stories of you have of something Justinish. Please keep in mind, though, that my kids may read this blog someday, so be a little tasteful in the language you use.